There are new innovations every day in the smartphone world. There was a time when only the password was required to keep the smartphone secure, but today security features like fingerprint sensor and face unlock have come. Apart from this, nowadays smartphone is being featured in the in-display fingerprint sensor. This feature was first introduced by Chinese company Vivo in his phone, after which OnePlus has also used the in-display fingerprint sensor in its new phone – OnePlus 6T.
The feature of unlocking the phone via fingerprint sensor is now available in most of the smartphones, but these sensors are available on the back panel or front panel of the phone. But now the fingerprint sensor is being given inside the display. It is believed to be the world of unlocking technology. So today we are going to tell every important thing about this technology.
What Is In-Display Fingerprint Sensor Technology?
- In-display fingerprint uses optical sensor which reads the fingerprint between two layers of glass. The optical fingerprint scanner inside the display emits a blue light.
- As soon as a user puts his finger on a user’s display, with the help of light, the phone takes the photo of the finger of the user and matches the registered finger. The device unlocks only after a finger match.
- There is also one thing that the technology of in-display fingerprint sensor works only on the OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) panel.
Benefits of In-Display Fingerprint Sensor
- The biggest advantage of this is that the fingerprint sensor gets larger screen sizes than inside the display.
- With this help, you can unlock the device by placing your finger on the display only.
- In-display fingerprint sensor has an anti-spoofing system that can recognize registered finger and fake finger faster than normal fingerprint scanner.
Disadvantages of In-display Fingerprint Sensor
- The biggest disadvantage is that it works on optical sensors, because of which it generates slightly less resemblance than the common fingerprint sensor.
- In addition, if the screen of the smartphone breaks or the touch gets damaged then the device can not be unlocked. The cost of reforming this is more than the rest of the phone.
The same technology will be available in the Upcoming smartphone
- Most smartphones are now being given fingerprint sensors. After the fourth generation, the in-display fingerprint sensor technology has grown by 50% and is 10% faster.
- According to the estimate, most of the smartphones coming in now can get in-display fingerprint sensor technology because it is highly interactive and secure.
The first was found in Vivo
- First of all Vivo gave in-display fingerprint sensor technology to his smartphone. The company launched Vivo X20 UD, the first phone equipped with this technology in China.
- After this, in India Vivo X21, Vivo Nex and Vivo V11 Pro provided in-display fingerprint sensors. After this Xiaomi, Oppo and OnePlus 6T used this technology in their phone.